MN Fall Wine Tasting Events: Things to Do in MN in the Fall
vineyards for fall harvest events.
and events during the fall.
Wing, celebrate two fall wine trail events.
Stomp draws 15,000 each year.
When vineyard grapes are ripe and the air is cool – it’s time for a fall wine tasting event at one of Minnesota’s cold-hardy wineries. To celebrate the fall grape harvest and the end of the vineyard growing season, MN wineries and wine tour trails hold a host of fall wine tasting events. Mark your calendar to stop by one of these fall favorites.
- Alexis Bailey Vineyard, Hastings: Taste the first wine of the season at Alexis Bailey Vineyard’s Nouveau, Harvest Celebration Nov. 1-2. In the French tradition, the vineyard serves nouveau, a wine that’s been fermented just weeks before its release.
- Carlos Creek Winery, Alexandria: Celebrate the harvest at Carlos Creek Winery annual Grape Stomp and Fall Festival Sept. 12-14. The event attracts more than 15,000 visitors each year and features live music, crafts, grape stomping, and of course, wine!
- Hinterland Vineyards and Winery, Clara City: Head to the prairie this fall for live music and wine tastings each Friday at Hinterland Vineyards and Winery. Celebrate the harvest at this working farm vineyard.
- Morgan Creek Vineyards, New Ulm: Sample wine and local cheeses at the Say Cheese! Savor the Wine event Oct. 4. The event features cheeses from Saint Peter Food Co-op made by regional producers. Six cheeses are paired with Morgan Creek wines. Tickets are limited, and the event is part of Morgan Creek’s annual Great Grape Stomp weekend.
- WineHaven Vineyards and Winery, Chisago City: Taste WineHaven wines and enjoy a three course meal at one of two Wine and Cheese Dinner Cruises on the St. Croix River, Sept. 6 or Sept. 20. The three-hour cruise also includes live music and tickets are available through the winery.
The four Minnesota wine trails also host fall events that will allow you to enjoy tastings while exploring regions of the state.
- Holiday Harvest Wine & Food Festival, Great River Road Wine Trail: Sample holiday foods and wines at the 10 wineries on this trail in November, including Falconer Vineyards and Winery in Red Wing, MN and Cannon River Winery in Cannon Falls. Tickets include food and wine, a commemorative glass and wine tote. Designated drivers can enjoy free admission and food throughout the tour. Some wineries will feature live music during the weekend.
- Federweisser & Roter Rauscher Festival, Three Rivers Wine Trail: This German-style festival features tastes of the first wines of the season in October, sampled straight from the barrel. Participating vineyards include WineHaven, St. Croix Vineyards, Falconer Vineyards and Cannon River Winery.
- Cheese and Chocolate Weekend, Three Rivers Wine Trail: What could be better than enjoying a glass of wine with local cheeses and chocolates? Try all three in November, and just in time for the holiday season.
This fall, head out to a wine tasting event across the state. Enjoy unique Minnesota cold-hardy wines and beautiful fall views.
Find something new℠.